This privacy statement describes the privacy conditions used for the webshop of this Student Association. The Student Association respects your privacy and ensures that the personal data that you provide to the student association are treated in confidence. The Student Association acts in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Regulation in this regard. This privacy statement may be adjusted from time to time. The latest version can be viewed on the website of the Student Association.
Student Association and Studystore
The privacy statement applies for the webshop that is used by the Student Association to order the study materials. The Student Association is responsible for processing of the personal data at the level of ordering, delivery, execution of the contract and providing access to and payment for the study materials. The Student Association may deploy third parties as (sub-)processors for that purpose. In that regard, the Student Association may provide the personal data necessary for this to such parties.
As the licensor of the webshop, STS BV (hereafter ‘Studystore’) and its group companies share processing responsibility for the processing of the personal data. Studystore may deploy third parties as (sub-)processors for that purpose. In that regard, the Studystore may provide personal data necessary for the relevant third parties to those parties.
The third parties deployed may not use the personal data for purposes other than those for which they are provided.
Purposes of use of personal data
The Student Association processes your personal data for the purpose of the following activities:
- Orders and delivery: the Student Association uses personal data (name and address details, e-mail addresses, invoicing addresses, date of birth, educational details and student number) to ensure that you can successfully place orders and to be able to deliver the ordered product or service to you.
- Execution of the contract: and to enable you to use this (name and address details, e-mail addresses, invoicing addresses, gender, educational details, student number and payment information). We also use the personal data in order to keep you informed of the progress of the order and delivery (e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, gender), for example via your personal account. We also use the personal data in order to offer payment methods and to be able to implement and process payments for the orders.
- Performance of relationship management and marketing activities: The personal data may be used for marketing activities or in order to inform you of interesting similar offers and products or services on the basis of a pre-selection.
- Improvement of products and services, management information: Personal data for management reports, for further development of its products and services, improvement of the quality of these and for the strategies of its businesses.
- Conducting analyses: the Student Association makes use of anonymised data for research and analysis, with the aim of improving the quality of the service provision of the Student Association.
Deployment of third parties
- For hosting of the online platforms, Studystore makes use of its own cloud network in the Netherlands, using a hosting partner (the processor).
- For the delivery of study materials by post, Studystore uses the delivery services of transporters (the processor).
- For the delivery of digital study materials and e-books, Studystore makes use of ICT partners that provide for the delivery of and access to the study materials (the processor), as well as of the publishers of the relevant study materials and e-Books (the processor).
- For invoicing, collection of payments and credit scoring, Studystore makes use of payment providers, banks (third parties) and collection partners (the processor and third parties).
- For the marketing activities, Studystore uses online software applications of partners (the processor).
- You may request us to enable you to view your personal data that we process.
- You may also ask us to improve, supplement or delete your personal data (where applicable) if these are incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant for the processing of the personal data.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data against loss or any other form of unlawful processing of personal data.
Please contact the Student Association if you have any questions concerning or as a result of this Privacy Statement.